Saturday, November 12, 2016

week 9 Post

November 12, 2016

One of the things we read this week in business was called "Leadership with a little 'L'" by President Kim b. Clark. In  this he talks about three principles. The three are: first, Lead by Example; second, Lead by Vision; third, Lead with Love. The Savior was a prime example of this, exhibiting all three. I personally believe, or what I've seen work the best in my life, was the first principle, lead by example. It is really hard to tell people to live one way or do something that you don't do yourself. They hear you say that you want them to do something, but if you are doing something contrary to that, they think, "why should I do that if he isn't even doing it" and just throw it to the side. In another thing we read, "A Message to Garcia", it says that the rarest skill of all is the ability to execute. I thought of that for a little bit and realized that a ton of people have great ideas that they would make a ton of money from. It is just that nobody actually commits to them and making them a reality because they don't execute. They don't want to put in the time and effort it would take to make their idea become a reality. I just think that is sad but then again, I have fell into the same problem of not wanting to actually take action on my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment