Saturday, October 1, 2016

Business class learnings 10-1-16

October 1st, 2016

Week three of classes and business still has the best readings and videos. Each week I talk about the eCorner videos and that is because they interest me the most and I feel I get the most out of them. This week the speaker was Frank Levinson. He had two videos, the first was about loyalty and how you should be loyal and be a good person then you are good in life. His second video was about the ten most important things to a major business. As I just said he listed ten but a few things in that video stuck out to me. Number eight on the list was "too little money" which was weird because why would you want little money when you have a business, the goal of a business is to make a lot of money. What he meant by "too little money" is to act like you have very little money to work with. When you don't have a lot of money, you become more innovative in your ideas than if you were to have money. He went to the example of "Monty Python and The Holy Grail" and how it is one of the most famous movies but they didn't have enough money to buy a horse so they used cocoanuts to make the horse sounds and it became one of the most famous things of the movie. Number six on the list was "Pride of a Fat Baby." Levinson said this because fat babies have no pride and neither should we. As a business owner, you need to do anything you can to keep your business open. Don't turn down weird jobs that you may be asked to do because you are too good for them, it is business you are getting and it will keep you open another day. The last one that stuck out to me was number one, "A Great Partner." I knew you needed a great partner for business but the thing that stuck out to me was that he said you don't want somebody that is exactly like you, you want somebody that compliments you. That was pretty powerful to me so I hope I can learn more things this useful in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment